Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Shame on me ...

It's been busy and I haven't had much time to myself so I haven't gotten to this blog as I should. Shame on me. Not that there's anything in MY mind worth putting out here - that anyone else would really be interested in - it's just that this is supposed to be that therapuetic place where I can vent when I feel it's necessary and make myself better - more tolerable to live with. Too bust to vent. Hmmmm.

I remember when I was much younger that social scientists were predicting a time when leisure activities would dominate one's life; because machines would take over and do all of the menial work normally done by man. The machines are here - automation is a dominant force in the workplace today - it's just that I can't seem to find all of that leisure time that I was supposed to be enjoying by now. As a matter of fact, I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to be able to retire. That's a bite. Unlike some people, I haven't been automated out of a job - my job IS automation and I will work until I drop. My spending habits and the spending habits of a former employer have sealed that fate for me - but hey, I AM doing what I love and that's the most important thing, I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?